A note-taking system is the combination of a set of processes and tools which allow the note-taker to accrue concepts and their connections over time. The system needs to allow for the core ways of manipulating ideas and provide analogies for them.
A key note-taking system is zettelkasten
- Topic: Note Taking
- Create note-taking analogies for manipulating ideas
- Navigate notes through links and search
- When exploring your note system, prefer to navigate using hyperlinks and search.
- Abstract ideas by building patterns
- Abstract ideas within a note-taking system by building patterns within your notes. These represent the over-arching ideas that form from seeing the same idea repeated, and can be applied to new contexts to create new ideas.