Topic: Note Taking¶
- Atomic Notes
- When writing notes, a written note should be indivisible. A single concept that can then be composed into more complex thoughts that may spark new ideas or connections which hadn't been seen before. Ideally, the concept it explores should be a relationship (Prefer notes that describe a relationship).
- Compose notes
- Prefer notes that describe a relationship
- Prefer standard markdown hyperlinks
- Your note-taking exists for yourself
- Note-taking exists for you, not for others. It exists to build your knowledge and understanding and clarify your mind. This reminder exists because I've found it easy to find yourself writing in someone else's voice or eyes. Only follow the lines of thought that interest you. Write in a way that is natural to you
- Write in a way that is natural to you
- It's surprisingly easy to get a habit of writing in a way that is uncomfortable or needlessly complicated. This only ends up getting in the way of what you're building by note-taking in the first place. I fall into the habit of writing in a technical style where it isn't needed. Working on stripping that away is an ongoing thing for me. Remember that your note-taking exists for you and only you.